The E36 M3 was first BMW M model to spread to the mainstream, while first E30 M3 was sold in limited numbers the following generation had a production run of over 70k units.
The base price of the E36 M3 was a manageable $36k in 1994 and although more power, technology and amenities have crept into the latest E92 M3 the price has also steadily risen to $59k for a base model.
This 1995 M3 coupe is painted in Cosmos Black and only has 56k miles on the odometer. Most of the E36 M3s I find for sale have well over 100k miles and are always personalized in some way. While this one has slight mods like “angel eyes” that were a fad a few years ago and “clear corners” these additions can easily be reversed.
Power wasn’t over the top crazy but the inline-6 did output 240hp and thankfully this one for sale is a 5-speed manual version. 0-60 was an impressive 5.6 seconds and a quarter mile pass could be completed in 14.3 seconds.
The E36 is a popular track car because they are reliable, relatively inexpensive to run and are excellent cars to learn how to go fast in. While this example might be a little too nice to track given its low miles, finding a low mileage E36 M3 for sale is rare and this one looks to be a fairly clean example.
The seller is asking $16k for it.
From the seller
I have a 1995 BMW M3 Coupe, Cosmos Black/Dove Gray 5MT, 55,9xx miles, in impeccable shape. The trans shifts great in all gears, car revs perfect, car drives straight and true. Paint is in great shape, no fade/clear coat failure. No leaks, no rust, car is good to go and ready for the next owner. You will be very hard pressed to find such a clean example of an E36 M3, and it is priced accordingly. I have come across many M3′s, and this E36 truly is in great shape, especially for an 18 year old car.
Some facts on the car to try to answer some quick common questions:
- No Accidents
- I have the carfax on hand
- Clean Title in hand. No liens, no issues.
- Two-owner’s, originally owned in North Carolina. Car has never seen salt/bad weather. Always stored in climate-controlled units and driven in good weather.
- Located in North Jersey, I’d be willing to ship the vehicle/meet somewhere reasonable.
- Car will be delivered with a fresh wash.
- Test drives welcome only with cash ready/deposit placed. Please no tire kickers or low ballers. I am aware of what the vehicle is worth so please kindly respect that.
- I have no problem taking the vehicle to the local mechanic/dealer/indy shop for a PPI at the buyer’s expense.
- If you need pictures of a specific area just tell me and I’ll post them up or text them to you.
- Car is cosmetically and mechanically great, no dents or major scratches
- Paint has just recently received a professional paint correction and interior leather reconditioning
- Car rides smooth, no issues. Would not hesitate to drive the car across country without a problem. I just went on a 400+ mile roadtrip, car did great in below freezing temps as well as pouring rain.
- Title in hand, carfax in hand, two keys (have to find the second one) and valet key, as well as owner’s manual.
- No majorly sagging headliner, no sagging glovebox, no ticking noises, no shifting issues, no rips or excessive wear on the vaders, no e36 problems.
- Very minor cosmetic issues are included below, otherwise the car is absolutely perfect. Drives like a dream, shifts and performs great at all speeds.
1995 BMW M3 Coupe w/ 5-Speed Manual Transmission
Cosmos Black/Dove Grey Vader Leather Interior
Clean title in hand!
Fully loaded from factory
Harmon Kardon Factory Audio System
OEM DSI’s, great shape with new tires
Blows very cold A/C and Hot Heat
OEM BMW Manual and Paperwork in Glovebox
Aftermarket Clarion headunit installed, functions fine, stock headunit will be included in sale.
Oil Change at 54k Miles
Alignment at 55k Miles
RTABs upgraded ~40k miles
Rear shock mounts replaced ~40k miles
Cooling system overhaul w/ metal impeller water pump and thermostat ~42k miles
Upgraded Projectors w/ Angel Eyes (Passenger low beam angel eye is out, I believe the wiring has come disconnected but haven’t fixed just yet)
Depo clear corners, smoked side markers
Clear Euro Tails
Aftermarket clarion headunit
Turner Motorsport RTABs